Created by Peter Sidwell Crispy baked sesame coated chicken pieces, a healthier alternative to deep fried chicken, but equally as delicious.
This recipe creates 2 portions
• 2 chicken breasts
• 50g plain flour
• 1tsp salt
• 1 egg
• 50g Panko breadcrumbs (or standard breadcrumbs)
• 3tsp mixed sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan.
2. Chop each chicken breast up into 4 equally sized pieces.
3. Weigh out the flour into a bowl and mix in the salt.
4. Break the egg into another bowl and beat with a fork.
5. Next, weigh out the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds into another separate bowl and mix
6. Coat each piece of chicken with flour, then dip into the egg and coat completely. 7.Finally, coat the chicken with the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds and place onto a prepared baking sheet.
Repeat this process with each piece of chicken and then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown in colour. Be sure to check that the chicken is cooked all the way first by probing the centre of the meat. The core temperature must be at least 75 degrees before you remove from the oven. Alternatively, you can check that the chicken is cooked inserting a skewer in the centre and making sure the meat juices are running clear.
Serve the chicken strips with fresh coriander and spring onion, alongside a chilli dipping sauce.