The Symphony Group Sets Out its Sustainability Targets for 2022 and Beyond.
The Symphony Group has over 50 years of experience in designing and manufacturing kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms for its customers, always in a responsible and sustainable way. Building upon its long-standing commitment to sustainability and the environment, the Symphony Group continues to make strides in reducing its carbon footprint through both operations and product credentials. Most recently, the Symphony Group signed up with the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust as a Gold partner, contributing to the conservation and protection of wild places in Yorkshire where Symphony’s head offices reside.
Urban Range in Concrete & Cobble
Richard Bunton, Managing Director at Symphony Group says, “At Symphony, we have always taken our environmental responsibilities extremely seriously and are committed to continually learning, innovating and implementing sustainable actions in order to reduce our impact on the planet as much as possible.” With this in mind, the Symphony Group has revealed its latest sustainability targets with a statement that will work in harmony with the planet:
- To maintain its ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems certification across all sites.
- To maintain full FSC® Chain of Custody certification for all timber-base materials it procures.
- Continue to monitor and record packaging specifications (including the percentage content of recycled material) and minimise single use virgin plastic, where possible.
- To increase the average vehicle MPG of its delivery fleet by 1% by the end of 2023 (2021 baseline).
- 75% of its car fleet to be PHEV (Plugin Hybrid Electric Vehicle) by 2025.
- To include fully electric vehicles in its car fleet by the end of 2025, subject to a feasibility evaluation.
- To reduce the total paper weight of its literature production by 10% in 2022 (2021 baseline).
- To understand and measure the embodied carbon in its core furniture by the end of 2025.
- To procure green electricity and gas tariffs for its headquarters and manufacturing sites by the end of 2025.
To read more about sustainability at Symphony, please take a look at our new 2022 Sustainability Brochure.