Jeremy Pang from School of Wok cooks Sticky Hoisin Ribs in his Linear kitchen
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 and half hours
4 Garlic Cloves
Large knob of Ginger
30 Spare Ribs
8 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
8 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
4 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
4 Tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
4 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
500ml – 1 Litre of cola or Cider
1/2 Spirng Onion, Finely chopped, to garnish
- Preheat Oven to 150°C/ 300°F/ Gas Mark 2
- Finely chop ginger and garlic and add to a large roasting tray or a large pot suitable for the oven. Add remaining ingredients and mix, add the ribs. Ensure the ribs are well covered
- Transfer ribs to the oven for at least 2-3 hours and cook uncovered, basting and turning them so they do not burn.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, they will start to break up slightly, but try and keep them as whole as possible ready for grilling, so be careful when turning.
- Transfer the ribs to a hot BBQ or grill and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes each side until the outside of the ribs are glazed and charred. Drizzle over the remaining sauce and sprinkle over finely chopped spring onion to garnish.
See the full recipe below.