Whether you are dropping off a special treat, picnicking in the park or are able to have an at-home afternoon tea with your mum this weekend, we have the perfect cake recipe for you.
This recipe is a slight twist on the classic Lemon drizzle cake with the addition of dried rose petals, a beautiful addition to make this bake even more special this Mothers Day.
Follow along with Peter Sidwell in our Urban Concrete Kitchen by heading over to the Symphony Youtube Channel.
Alternatively, you can also follow along with this delicious recipe below:
- 250g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extra
- 2 lemons
- 250g Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp dried rose petals
- 100g sugar
- Mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time making sure each egg is fully incorporated.
- Add the lemon zest and fold in the flour.
- Spoon the cake mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven 170c for
30-40 minutes until firm to the touch.
- While the cake is baking juice the lemon and place it in a pan with sugar and rose
- Heat the syrup for 30 seconds to warm it through but try not to boil.
- When the cake is baked spike the top with a folk, then pour over the syrup.
- Leave the cake to cool before slicing.
- Serve on beautiful crockery or pack away ready to serve in a picnic
Share your bakes with us on social media.