Competition Terms & Conditions
- These rules (the “Competition Rules”) and any other rules specified by The Symphony Group plc (the “Company”) from time to time apply to any competition which is run by, or on behalf of, the Company (“Competition”).
- By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by the decisions of the Company and its agents which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Competition Rules.
- Unless otherwise notified, no purchase is necessary to enter a Competition.
- A third party sponsor of the Competition (the “Competition Sponsor”) may provide the prizes for a Competition.
- The Company reserves the right where reasonably necessary to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are non-transferable, no cash alternative will be offered.
- Unless otherwise stated, only one entry per person per Competition is allowed. All entries must be received by the deadline for that Competition and multiple, late or incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- Proof of posting shall not be deemed proof of delivery. Entries are sent at your risk and no responsibility can be accepted for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or corrupted during delivery to or from the Company due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or failure of the postal service or other reason whatsoever. Illegible or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- By entering a Competition you: a. consent to the Company using your personal data for the administration of the Competition and in any promotional activity, both in paper and online, should you win; b. grant the Company the right free of charge to feature your Competition entry in any Company brochure or any website operated by or on behalf of the Company, and otherwise use and authorise others to use it in relation to the promotion of the Company; c. irrevocably and unconditionally waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your Competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world, save that the Company shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that you are credited as the author of the Competition entry, and d. warrant to the Company that all details provided in relation to the Competition entry are true and that the Competition entry is wholly original to you and not in whole or in part copied from any other material and that the Competition entry does not libel, defame, cause injury to, offend or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party.
- If you enter a Competition, the Company will only share your personal data with other organisations for the administration of the Competition. For further information, please see the Company’s Privacy Notice at www.symphony-group.co.uk/about/privacy-notice/. Personal data obtained via entry into a Competition will be retained by the Company for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist the Company to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- Winner(s) will be notified as soon as reasonably practicable after the Competition draw/decision via the details provided with the winning entry. Prizes will be delivered within 6 weeks after the closing date of the Competition unless otherwise stated. Only winners will be notified who has won, but a full list of winners can be obtained by sending a request along with prepaid self-addressed envelope or email address for reply to the Marketing Department, The Symphony Group Plc, Pen Hill Estate, Park Spring Road, Barnsley S72 7EZ, clearly identifying the competition to which the request relates.
- The receipt by you of any prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules.
- The Company reserves the right to implement eligibility criteria in its absolute Unless otherwise stated, Competitions are not open to: (a) persons who are not resident in the United Kingdom; persons who are under the age of 18, (c) the employees, agents or subcontractors of the Company; (d) any Competition Sponsor or its employees, agents or subcontractors; (e) the immediate families of employees, agents or subcontractors of the Company or any Company Sponsor.
- If you are a winner of a Competition you acknowledge and agree that the Company, any Competition Sponsor and each of their employees, agents and subcontractors shall have no liability whatsoever in connection with the use or possession of any of the prizes awarded pursuant to the Competition, provided that nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for fraud, personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- The Company may update these Competition Rules from time to If it does so, the updated version will take effect from the date it is uploaded on to this website or any other website operated by or on behalf of the Company.
- Unless stated otherwise, the Company will not return any Competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- Competitions are governed by English law and by entering a Competition each entrant irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Unless otherwise stated, the promoter of the Competition is The Symphony Group Plc of Pen Hill Estate, Park Spring Road, Barnsley S72 7EZ.
Revised September 2018